Help against nematodes

• Greetings from Sweden my name is Louise and i need some help. I have nematode worms in my shrimp tank that i need to get rid of. First time i had them was 5 years ago i restarted all of my 3 tanks and the problem was solved. But about 6 months ago i trusted one shop and got some weeping moss that looked OK. Now when i accidentally touched the soil those cursed worms started wiggling around in the water...

Is there any shrimp safe options to cure my tank from them? I heard about mebendazol or levamisol can kill them. Its so hard to find any shrimp safe information :

• They look like this:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

I know they are not dangerous but they explode even if i dont overfeed. I want my shrimps to have everything and i cant think about some worms every time i feed them. The only option is to kill them right now but its hard to find any shrimp safe options. But of what i found on internet is that levamisolis the best option and its shrimp safe (they dont like it but they wont die of it).

I found this product: http://subquaria.com/Levamisole-HCl-Powder

W do you guys think of it?

• Hey, I've had those worms in one of my tanks. They disappeared after a period of time without any intervention. I saw some shrimp killing them, too. 8o
    I think that you shouldn't use any medical products unless it isn't an "explosion"...

• I think nobody here in German can tell you something avout the product you asked about. In Germany most of the stuff is not allowed anymore. Medical products we have to buy at the veterinary surgeon. One working product is calles Panacur in Germany but it has no effect on the eggs of the worms so you have to repeat the whole procedure after about 2 weeks.

I also would recomend waiting till everything regulated itselfe. Feed less, be patient!

• We have Panacur here in Sweden but i didnt know it works on those nematodes.Almost all deworming drugs needs another dosage after 2-3 weeks so you think i have a chanse to kill them with Panacur?

• Can you please tell me more about your experience with Panacur CM77? Some people say that Panacur dont kill nematodes and some do. How much did you use, for how long etc? Thank you very much for all the help!

• Maybe they did not use it a second time and they already had eggs in the tank.

I used it to primary kill Rhabdocoela-Worms with success. I also hat a few Nematode worms and they were gone also. Meanwhile the Rhabdocoelas are back but I don't care anymore as they do not effect the shrimps.

How to use Panacur:

You need the 10% liquid dessolution.
    For each 100 l water you need 1ml of the liquid.
    I recommend changing 90% of your tanks water to reduce the amount of the worms in advance.
    Mix up really good the needed amount of Panacur with some warm water till it is completely suspended (it will not completely suspend in cold water or inside the tank if you put it in there directly!!!)
    Put in the suspended Panacure into the tank.
    You shouldn't feed too often for the next 5 days. After 5 days change as much water of the tank as possible! Do this for the next 5 days every day to remove as much of the Panacure as possible and to get the dead worms and or the rest of them out of the tank!

That should help.

Last but not least I still would recommend to watch what happens the next weeks before using Panacur. Maybe the worms are annoying but there also is still the chance that they will disappear as fast as they appeared!!! :) Your choice!

Good luck!!!